Moving to Houston
Interested in moving to Houston? Check out some of these cool facts:
- Houston is the fourth most populous city in the nation (trailing only New York, Los Angeles and Chicago), and is the largest in the southern U.S. and Texas
- Houston has a Theater District second only to New York City with its concentration of seats in one geographic area.
- Houston boasts more than 40 colleges, university and institutions
- Houston is home to the Texas Medical Center, the largest medical center in the world, with a local economic impact of $10 billion. More than 52,000 people work within its facilities, which encompass 21 million square feet. Altogether 4.8 million patients visit them each year
- Houston ranks second in employment growth rate and fourth in nominal employment growth among the 10 most populous metro areas in the U.S.
- Home to and more than 5,000 energy related firms, Houston is considered by many as the Energy Capital of the world
- Houston's economy has a broad industrial base in the energy, aeronautics, and technology industries: only New York City is home to more Fortune 500 headquarters
Within this enormous metropolis, Houston offers a thriving Orthodox community, great lifestyle, affordable homes and the added perk of no state income tax!
Robert M. Beren Academy wants your transition to Houston to be as seamless as possible. We offer a tuition matching program for our new families in order to relieve some of the burden of a move. Please contact Fannet Nater [email protected] our Director of Admissions, for more information!