PROGRAM OF STUDY
Students attending Robert M. Beren Academy pursue an intensive dual curriculum of secular and Judaic studies. The secular studies enumerated in the school profile conform to the highest national standards for college preparation. The Judaic studies program consists of a sequential series of core courses, including Tanach, Talmud, Jewish History, Jewish Philosophy and Ethics, and Hebrew Language . The combination of the two areas of study creates an atmosphere of academic excellence, which demands higher critical and analytic skills.
- 4 years residency beginning in 9th grade
- 4 years of English, Math, History, and Science
- 4 years of 4 Judaic subjects (Bible, Talmud, Judaic Electives, and Jewish Literacy)
- 3 years of Modern Hebrew Language
- 4 years of Electives (including Foreign Languages other than Hebrew)
- 25 hours of Community Service per year